In today’s hustle and bustle, life has become too complicated. It has become very difficult for a single person to maintain a well-maintained family and status in society. Therefore both husband and wife prefer to work. You will find women take up office jobs, but many of them prefer to work from home; as this allows them to take care of their family and at the same time they can earn some money to take care of their own and families’ requirements.
Working from home is not that easy, as it seems, it has many challenges, especially for mothers with kids. Challenges faced while working from home are:
- If you are at home you can’t neglect your family members, you will have to take care of their needs and demands. For this, you will have to get up from what you are doing and listen to what our kids want.
- You are your own manager; therefore you need to be firm on yourself. If you become lazy your work will suffer. Therefore your work efficiency and the result is dependent on you.
- Sometimes there are situations when you have to finish an assignment and also take care of your children. Some this becomes difficult and you may have to leave your work and take care of your kids.
- Sometimes it may happen that you have to finish a task within the deadline, and you have to entertain a guest who is visiting your family. Then you have to reschedule your work, or may face problem completing it on time.
Here are some tips on how to work successfully from work and deliver efficient results at work.:
- Tell your family about your work schedule, tell them that you are going to work during this time and won’t be able to attend to any household chores. You will handle all home-related work after working hours.
- Plan your day; fix working hours and time for other miscellaneous work. Stick to this planner to work efficiently.
- Hire a part-time babysitter or fix up a daycare for your kids, for the hours that you plan to work.
- Keep your kids engaged in activities, let them paint, play out in the garden, or let them do what they enjoy. In this way, they will not disturb you when you are working.
- Plan your work when your kids are sleeping, or utilize the nap time with your kids to work. Work when your kids are at school.
- Take breaks when you are working, in this way you get time to relax and you can even some time with your kids and see what they are doing.
- Set guidelines for work and let your family know about it.
- While planning your work or taking up assignments be realistic in doing so. Take that much work which you can handle, don’t go for excess work.
- When working from home, it is always better to wake up early and work, you can finish a lot of work before your family members get up. Or if you are a night person then work late night when everyone is asleep.
- There should be flexibility in your work schedule, so you can handle both home and work in an efficient manner.
- Prepare a daily schedule, a list of things you plan to do during the day, prioritize the things on the list and plan your day accordingly.
- IF you want that nobody should disturb you then you can use warning signs like don’t disturb, at work etc. to let your family know that you are seriously working on some assignment.
- During your work hours, you can assign your kids to jobs to keep them engaged like, finishing their homework, cleaning their room or garden and so on.
- Avoid distracting yourself with unnecessary phone calls. Pick only hose calls which you think are important when you are working, the rest you can call back when you are free from work. Let your family, friends and other acquaintances know about your working hours and tell them that you won’t be able to attend their calls during your work hours; call only when it’s very urgent or in an emergency.
- Always remember that when you plan to work from home, you need to be a multi-tasker, you will have to handle numerous tasks and will have a balance between household chores and work; therefore you should be mentally prepared for this.
Working from home is a good option for earning money by working at the comfort of your home. It has both benefits and a lot of challenges. One needs to have a lot of self-control and management skills to handle both work and household chores. For this one has to be firm and multi-tasker.